Employment Law is one of the most complex and difficult areas of law. This is an area of law which is subject to frequent changes and what may have been law one week may not be the next. Our team ensures that they keep up to date on relevant law in this constantly changing climate.
We provide employment law advice to both employers and employees. Some examples of the services we provide to employers include:
- Drafting of employment contracts
- Preparation (and updating/revisal) of employee handbooks
- Advice, guidance and training in all areas of employment including grievance, disciplinary and capability.
- Advice and assistance with return to work of employees
- Advice, guidance and training in relation to discrimination (most commonly disability discrimination situations and issues around reasonable adjustments).
- Advice and assistance on variations of employees contracts
- Advice and guidance on termination of contracts/redundancy/potential unfair dismissal
- Drafting of settlement agreements
Employees most often require our assistance when something has occurred within their employment which has led to them believing that they have been unfairly treated in some way. We have a vast experience in representing employees over the years in these situations culminating in either a settlement being achieved or progression to an Employment Tribunal.
Our team has years of experience of representing both employers and employees at Employment Tribunal proceedings. A member of our employment team spent approximately 16 years representing a Local Authority in all employment law matters so has a specialist knowledge in relation to the inner workings of that large employer organisation.
At Basten Sneddon we can discuss different costs options with you in relation to our fees. We can identify whether or not you may be eligible for Legal Aid to assist with costs. If possible we may be able to offer a fixed fee option to give you peace of mind in terms of financial exposure.
If you are seeking advice on any aspect of employment law call us on 01383 621144 Dunfermline, 01592 725130 Glenrothes or e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org